Proofreading(Academic English Support)
Proofreading with "One-to-One Session"
Service Period: November 1, 2019 ~ March 4, 2020
●Please read the service description and the guidelines provided below before booking your appointment.
Center for Teaching and Learning offers a proofreading service to help you improve your ability to write in English and our aim is to help you maximize your return on Education.
Proofreaders will assist you at proofreading with a "One-to-One Session". Please use our service if you have any concerns with your English writing, the proofreaders will help you clearly and effectively.
◆Proofread your work and correct any grammatical or spelling errors.
◆Identify and rephrase any sentences that sound awkward.
◆Discuss your work with you and ensure that it reads smoothly.
Please note that proofreaders are not responsible for the content or the structure of your work.
➡ Senior theses and MA theses in English
➡ Coursework, assignments, and papers in English that are Not for ELA courses
- We only proofread documents written in English.
- The maximum number of words that we are able to proofread for one session is 1,500 words.
- If you are submitting a document that contains more than 1,500 words, please highlight the 1,500 words that you would like to have proofread.
- Please note that we do not proofread bibliographies.
- Please use Grammarly to check your document before you book your appointment.
- Please submit a Word document wherever possible. If that is difficult, we are also able to accept PDF files.
How to Book Your Appointment
1. Please click the application form below.
2. Each session is 40 minutes.
You will receive a confirmation email of your booking.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning by phone at 0422-33-3516 or e-mail at email@example.com.
3. A proofreader will go through your document and correct any errors.
4. Visit the Proofreading (Academic English Support) booth in the WSD Area (Othmer Library 1F) at the appointed time. The proofreader will discuss your work with you.
5. The proofreader will return your document (via e-mail) at the end of the session.
Please do not reply to the e-mail that you receive from the proofreader
Other Proofreading Services
For Proofreading via E-mail (available only for Senior theses and MA theses) , please see here. *Currently we are not accepting application.
There is also a proofreading service for science courses. For details, please see here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between Proofreading (Academic English Support) and the Writing Support Desk?
A. At Proofreading (Academic English Support), you can have your academic documents that are written in English proofreading. Thorough proofreading and one-to-one sessions, Academic English Support proofreaders will help you to accurately express what you would like to say. At the Writing Support Desk, you can discuss anything related to your assignments or papers. You do not even have to have anything written down. However, Writing Support Desk tutors do not proofread or edit.
Q. What is the difference between “proofreading that includes a session with the proofreader” and “proofreading via E-mail”?
A. “Proofreading that includes a session with the proofreader” additionally includes a 40-minute session with the proofreader who proofread the student’s document. In the session, the proofreader will explain the changes that were made. The proofreader will also ask questions as necessary to determine what the student was trying to say and will suggest expressions that are appropriate.
"Proofreading via E-mail" is available only for senior and MA theses and it is offered during peak periods (December and January).