For the purpose of generating more opportunities for students to engage with service and a rich experiential learning of liberal arts education, SLC has established the Service-Learning Scholarship from 2020 to students who are selected by screening. The scholarship will cover the travel cost, living cost, and the program fee (if applicable) during the SL activities.
- Targeted students: approximately 10
- Amount of Scholarship: Approximately 80,000 yen to 400,000 yen per person
Requirements for Applying for SL Scholarship
- To hold a strong will to utilize knowledge and experiences obtained from ICU for societies.
- To engage with promotion of service activities on and off campus as SL Ambassador after participating in the SL program.
- To have suffi cient potential to be able to do service activities on campus or in communities and to deepen refl ective and academic inquires based on what s/he learned from service activities.
- To have GPA of 2.5 and above.
Application and Screening
- Deadline: Wednesday, January 23, 2020: check the box if students are willing to apply for scholarship on the “SL Application Form (p.65, p.67)” and submit “SL Scholarship Essay”.
- Early February: Interview
- Late February: applicants will receive a notice of result from SLC.
- Explain the motives for scholarship application with other application documents. *must be diff erent from the essay for SL application.
- One-page essay on a A4-sized paper (800 words in Japanese or 450 words in English)
|Program||（a）Host institutions arranged by SLC||（c） JSSL|
|（b）Self-arranged host institutions|
|SL Scholarship||Apply||Not Apply||Apply||Not Apply|
|SL Application Form||English or Japanese||English or Japanese||English||English or Japanese|
|SL Scholarship Essay||English or Japanese||Not required||English||Not required|
|SL Application Form||English||English or Japanese|
|ISL Application Essay||English||English|
|SL Scholarship Essay||English||Not required|
- There is no need for students to submit the proof of guardians’ income.
- If the student receives other scholarship, s/he needs to check if it is possible to apply for this scholarship according to the rules and regulations of the scholarship received.
- Students who received scholarship will make a report and present to the donor(s).