Writing Support Desk
- The Writing Support Desk will reopen on December 7, 2022. For the winter term, reserved sessions will be conducted online via Zoom, and walk-in sessions will be offered in person.
- Students who have reserved Writing Support (WSD/Proofreading) sessions may use the WSD booths on the first floor of the Othmer Library for attending their sessions. If you are looking for a place where you can attend your session on campus, please come to the first floor of the Othmer Library. Please vacate your booth promptly at the end of your session.
WSD Schedule for Winter Term 2022
- December 7 (Wed) - Reserved sessions start
- December 14 (Wed) - Walk-in sessions start
- March 8 (Wed) - Last day of Reserved and Walk-In Sessions
The office will be CLOSED on Saturdays & Sundays and for the following days:
- December 24, 2022 - January 5, 2023
- January 9 (Mon), February 3 (Fri), February 23 (Thu)
What is Writing Support Desk (WSD)?
At the Writing Support Desk, all ICU undergraduate and graduate students can discuss anything related to your assignments or papers. Tutors can help you at all stages of your writing process. You do not have to have anything written down to use this service. Through the process of trying to explain what you have written to your tutor and trying to answer the questions that he/she poses to you, you will be able to organize your thoughts and discover ways to improve your writing.
Below are some of the things that can be covered in a WSD session:
Am I eligible to use this service?
All ICU undergraduate and graduate students may use this service.
We support any field of academic papers at any stage of the writing process.
- Course Assignments, essays, and papers for any kind of class
- Thesis (Senior thesis, Master's thesis, and Doctoral dissertation)
- Other academic papers
*WSD tutors do not proofread or edit your work.
*Please seek advice from the Placement group for job application letters.
- Sessions are available in both English and Japanese.
- Both works written in English and work written in Japanese can be discussed.
- Reserved Session (Each session is 40 minutes in duration. You can reserve up to a total of two sessions at a time.)
- Walk-In Session *Internal only (Walk-ins are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointment is necessary.)
*For the winter term, reserved sessions will be conducted online via Zoom, and walk-in sessions will be offered in person.
How can I book an appointment?
- Please read this document *Internal only before booking an appointment. It contains information on how to book an appointment and what happens after you reserve a session.
- Please use the online reservation system below to reserve a session.
- If, for unavoidable reasons, you wish to cancel your appointment, please email the Center for Teaching and Learning (Writing Support).
Tutorial Session Schedule
|Classes||Reserved Tutorials (40 min.)||Walk-In Tutorials (No Appointment Necessary )|
- Guide and link collection about the senior thesis (ICU Library Website)
We are not recruiting at the moment.
Center for Teaching and Learning (Writing Support)
Othmer Library 1F